Ovviamente è già bello pensare di portarsi a casa un Blu-ray con il Pinocchio completamente restaurato nella collezione Walt Disney Signature. Ma nel contenuto extra c’è una chicca notevole: la copia restaturata come si deve di Poor Papa (1927), il primo cartoon di Oswald the Lucky Rabbit!
Digital HD e Disney Movies Anywhere: 10 gennaio 2017, Blu-ray e DVD: 31 gennaio 2017.
Pinocchio is presented in 1080p with DTS-HD Master Audio 7.1 surround. Extras include:
- Walt’s Story Meetings: Pleasure Island – The Pleasure Island scene in “Pinocchio” had much more development than what is seen in the film. Join Pixar’s Pete Docter and Disney historian and author J.B. Kaufman as they explore artwork recently discovered in Disney’s animation research library revealing some of the attractions, gags and games, which Disney animators created for this iconic location of the film, that never made it on screen.
- In Walt’s Words – “Pinocchio” – Hear Walt himself discuss the making of “Pinocchio” through archival recordings and interviews.
- The Pinocchio Project: “When You Wish Upon a Star” – Music influencers Alex G, Tanner Patrick and JR Aquino from Disney’s Maker Studios, a global leader in short-form videos, gather in a creative workspace to create their rendition of the film’s signature song, “When You Wish Upon a Star,” and produce a fresh new music video.
- Oswald the Lucky Rabbit in “Poor Papa” – This recently restored and scored 1927 short features Oswald the Lucky Rabbit who gets multiple visits from the stork and is forced to attempt various methods to help stop the onslaught of baby deliveries.
- Classic Bonus Features – These offerings from prior home entertainment releases include hours of bonus material, such as the making of “Pinocchio,” deleted scenes, sing-alongs, storyboards and theatrical trailers.